Project Code: 10389331
Faculty: Liggins Institute
Department: Liggins Institute
Main Supervisor: Professor Caroline Crowther
Application open date: 09 Nov 2017
Application deadline: 28 Feb 2018
Enrolment information: NZ Citizens, NZ Permanent Residents, International
Health research aims to improve the likelihood of healthy lives and wellbeing for all people (Sustained Millenium Development Goal 3).Research prioritisation is needed to assist relevant studies to be undertaken and to enable equitable distribution of the finite funding resources. This project will involve undertaking a research prioritisation initiative using methods adapted from the Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative Model (CHNRI) (Ruden).
1. A health professional background
2. An understanding of health research
3. Eligible for a PhD scholarship from the University of Auckland.
1. Knowledge of maternal perinatal health care
2. Understanding of the health care system in New Zealand.
- Undertake a wide scoping exercise for potential research questions for maternal and perinatal health in New Zealand.
- Collate the received research ideas into research questions.
- Using the CHNRI grading, research questions scored by experts into Delivery, Development and Discovery.
- Disseminate research priority findings to health professionals, consumers, funders, donors and policy makers.